*This post contains affiliate links. If you purchase this item using the link included I will receive a small commission.
I am a huge fan of salads. Nothing like throwing some things together to see what tastes good together. This is one of my favorite combinations. Avocado, chickpeas, and feta are amazing together. Adding in a sauce to bring it all together. It’s really simple.
If you love salads as I do then this is a great one to put together for a quick meal. You can even do this as a meal prep the night before to take for your lunch. The different combinations of ingredients create a really unique flavor profile.
1 can of Chick Peas (540ml)
130g Feta Cheese
1 English Cucumber
½ cup of Sliced Kalamata Olives
½ a large Red Onion (approx. ½ cup diced)
½ a large Yellow Pepper (approx. 1 cup diced)
3 garlic cloves
1 cup Plain Greek Yogurt
2 tbsp Olive Oil
1 tbsp Oregano
Juice of ½ a lemon
Pinch of Salt & Pepper
This is really simple. It will only take you a few minutes to put it together. There is no cooking involved so you can make it just about anywhere. To start just chop everything up. Add the avocados, chickpeas, feta, cucumber, olives, onion and peppers into a bowl.
I love avocados, they are one of my favorite foods. With good healthy fat it’s great for bariatric and keto diets. They can be hard to slice through, I found this great avocado slicer that I use to cut mine up.
Now you are going to create the sauce. In a separate bowl combine the garlic, yogurt, olive oil, oregano, lemon juice, and salt and pepper. Stir to mix together and well blended.
Pour your sauce into the large bowl with the other ingredients.
Mix all of the ingredients together with the sauce. Make sure it is well coated.
You will need to put this int he fridge for about four hours. You want it to be cold before you serve it.
Avocado, Chickpea & Feta Salad
- avocado slicer
- 2 Avocados
- 1 can Chickpeas 540ml
- 130 g Feta Cheese
- 1 Cucumber
- 1/2 cup Kalamata Olives sliced
- 1/2 Large Red Onion
- 1/2 Large Yellow Pepper
- 3 cloves Garlic
- 1 cup Plain Greek Yogurt
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 tbsp Oregano
- 1/2 Lemon (Juice)
- 1 pinch Salt & Pepper
- Open and rinse your Chick Peas.
- Wash and dice all your veggies. (I leave some of the peel on my cucumber, but you can take it all off if you’d like)
- Dice your feta cheese.
- In a large bowl combine, Avocados, ChickPeas, Feta, Cucumber, Olives, Onions & Peppers.
- Juice your lemon & press your garlic.
- In a separate bowl, combine Greek yogurt, olive oil, oregano, garlic, lemon juice, salt & pepper, and whisk.
- Pour your dressing over your salad mixture and mix gently until well combined.
- Refrigerate for at least 4 hours and serve.