Author (Recipe & Images): Omadarling.com
I don’t know about you guys but I miss having bagels. I was a carb-eater in the past so giving them up completely has been super hard. I was overjoyed when I found this amazing recipe from Oma Darling for a low-carb bagel. These are on plan for bariatric patients and keto and low-carb dieters. They are amazing and you won’t even know you are not eating a real bagel!!
Easy Low-Carb Bagels
- 1 1/2 Cup grated or shredded, mozzarella cheese
- 2 oz Cream Cheese
- 1 Large Egg
- 1 1/4 Cup Almond Flour
- 1 tbsp Baking Powder
- Topping of your choice (salt, pepper, seeds, etc)
- Put the mozzarella cheese and cream cheese into a medium-sized bowl and microwave for approximately 45 seconds. You want to melt the cheeses, so you can stir them together, but not cook them. If after 45 seconds, some of the cheese is not quite melted, put the bowl back in the microwave in 10-second increments to soften.
- When cheeses are melted and combined, add in the egg, mix to incorporate and then add the almond flour and baking powder. Stir well to combine the ingredients.
- Divide dough into 6 pieces and roll into thick ropes and pinch ends together in the shape of a bagel, then place on a parchment-lined cookie sheet.
- Break the egg into a small bowl, add a tablespoon of water and mix to create an egg wash. With a small brush, brush the egg mixture on top of bagels and sprinkle with your favorite topping (salt, everything bagel seasoning, sesame seeds, poppy seeds, etc ).
- Place into the oven preheated to 400 degrees and bake until the bagel is browned on the outside. Remove from oven and let bagels sit on a cookie sheet until cool I(they will be soft at first).
- Once cool, slice in half and eat!! You can store these in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
Serving Size: 1 Bagel Servings: 6
Nutrition Facts: Calories: 267 Total Fat: 21g Sat. Fat: 7g Sodium: 250mg Carbs: 6g Dietary Fiber 2g Sugar: 1g Protein: 13g *Does not include content for toppings.
Looking for other great recipes? Visit our recipes page HERE!